Saudi Arabian Grand Prix at risk of cancellation after Houthi missile attack

The seriousness of the situation was made clear when drivers and team principals were called to see F1’s chief executive, Stefano Domenicali, so they could be updated on the situation and how it is being handled, delaying second practice on Friday. Before the attack, Lewis Hamilton was unequivocal in demanding F1 does more to instigate reform in Saudi Arabia if the sport continues to race there. Hamilton placed the pressure firmly on F1 to make a difference since the drivers have no say on the countries his sport visits. “Ultimately, it is the responsibility of those who are in power to really make the changes and we are not really seeing enough, we need to see more,” he said. Hamilton’s unease at racing in Saudi Arabia had not changed from last year’s race when he said he was “not comfortable” with F1 competing in the country.

Follow MotorMouth on social media:
Liked it? Take a second to support Motormouth on Patreon!
Become a patron at Patreon!
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x

Forgot your details?

Create Account