Mercedes calls on social media firms to take action after Lewis Hamilton received racist abuse following his controversial British Grand Prix win

Mercedes have called on social media companies to take urgent action in stopping abuse after Lewis Hamilton received racist taunts following his British Grand Prix win. In a joint statement with Formula One and the FIA governing body, Mercedes condemned the abuse in the strongest terms and said: ‘These people have no place in our sport. Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff vowed to take positive action as a team. He said: ‘We have seen it in the football at the European Championship and the abuse is absolutely not acceptable, and it was the same on Sunday. Hamilton has not commented on the abuse but in light of the vile messages aimed at Saka, Rashford and Sancho last week, he said: ‘Tolerance and respect for players of colour should not be conditional.

Follow MotorMouth on social media:
Liked it? Take a second to support Motormouth on Patreon!
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Please Sign-in / Sign-up to see more content, unlock more features, and take part in MotorMouth discussions!

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x

Forgot your details?

Create Account